We are a rapidly growing marketing agency that has a corporate culture like no other. We are looking for a full-time Web Developer. The chosen individual must possess exceptional organization and administrative skills and enjoy working in a very fast paced, deadline driven, team-centered environment. You will work alongside a large team who loves to participate in office antics as much as they love to work hard to reach our company’s goals. We hold each other to a high standard of excellence.
Expertise in Web Development will assist our organization in increasing efficiency and service through construction, maintenance, and streamlining of our design systems, app development and programs.
The ideal candidate for this role must possess superior coding skills, excellent communication, high concentration levels, good task management, and superior problem solving and critical thinking skills. Essentially, the Web Developer must enhance the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of systems, resolve errors, and design systems that are customized to our organization’s needs.
The Developer will have the option to combine working from the office and working from home.
Reporting directly to the Director of Web Development, your job responsibilities will focus around updates and maintenance including but not limited to:
- Follow Shout’s established development processes and practices by moving projects from development and staging into production following the established department workflow.
- Perform cross-browser testing and optimization
- Provide technical support to clients via phone, zoom, or other communication platforms
- Proactively managing client expectations from start to finish. Ensure both excellent work and customer service are your top priority.
- Be proactive in your communication, maintain regular communication with your supervisor. Provide regular updates regarding the status of projects.
- Working within the budget and timelines provided.
- Keeping Asana (Shout’s project management program) project cards up to date.
- Weekly priorities and project timelines will be set by your supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
The chosen candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Programming
- A minimum of 1 year post secondary education or comparable experience
- Ability to troubleshoot system errors. Ability to code and debug. Ability to edit source code.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Marketing / Advertising industry experience is a bonus
The chosen candidate will possess the following qualities and skill sets:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Aptitude and curiosity for learning new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be a motivated self starter and solutions oriented problem solver
- Work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Rate of Pay
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary based on experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Foremost, the team at Shout Media is a unique group. We are loyal, driven, hardworking, fun and believe in supporting each other. The candidate must enjoy food, dogs and coffee and at times utilize the archaic technology we call the telephone. Knowledge of the facsimile is not required.
If you want to work in a fun-loving, family environment (where food trumps all) apply now!